I don’t always do dishes but believe me this dish was pretty awesome! So our friends brought over some food so we could watch the Oscars (AWESOMEST OSCAR EVER). It was chicken and garliced artichoke with white rice. Our friend’s wife got the recipe form a cook named Yotam Ottolenghi. He has a hit restaurant in New York. It’s apparently “all the craze”. Hear it is:
– 6 pieces of chicken
– 1 cup taragon
– a few strands saphron
– 2 tea spoons Salt
– 2 tea spoons Pepper
– 1 ½ table spoons Pink pepper corns
– 12 cloves sliced Garlic
– 12 sliced in half Shalets
– ¼ cup Thyime
– 1 medium Lemon sliced and 2 table spoons juice
– 3 table spoons Olive oil
– 2/3 cup of water
– 1 pound par boiled Jerusalem artichoke
– White rice
How to prepare:
1. Par boil Jerusalem artichokes then set aside to cool.
2. Put everything else (except white rice) in a big bowl or zipped lock bag to marinade for at least 2 hours but preferably over night.
3. Place all ingredients in large casserole pan making sure chicken skin is up and exposed. No vegetables on skin of chicken.
4. Preheat oven to 475 F and bake uncovered for 30 min.
5. Cover with tin foil and bake additional 15 min.
6. Cook white rice at how ever you choose.
7. Remove foil and cover with 2 table spoons lemon juice and ¼ cup fresh tarragon.
8. NOM TIME!